Parental Involvement at Mary Queen of Heaven is very important to us. We believe that the partnership between parents and the school is a vital component for learning success.
Parents are invited to participate at Mary Queen of Heaven through a variety of activities. All our parent helpers are required to hold a WWCC (Working with Children Check) card and must have attended a Volunteer Workshop and signed our Volunteer Pack; a commitment to working within our school, sharing our school values.
Some of the ways that parents can be involved are:
- Classroom helpers
- Parents and Friends Association
- Clubs such as the Garden Club, Lego club etc
- Sports Activities
- Special activity days- such as Cultural Diversity Day, Personal Safety Day
- Special feast days
- Guest Speakers in specialised areas
- Working bees- eg. putting displays up
- Art Show & School Production